Ordinary rubber V-belts are generally composed of a wrap layer, a stretch layer (top coat), a strong layer (tensile layer), and a compression layer (base glue).
The role of the different parts is as follows:
1. The cloth layer is composed of plain rubber canvas (mainly cotton canvas and polyester cotton canvas) which is cut obliquely into 45°. It has excellent expansion and friction and can connect various parts to the whole to protect other. Part is not subject to wear, erosion, and can increase the stiffness of the V-belt.
2. The stretched rubber layer is composed of a rubber material with high elasticity and excellent stretchability, which is subjected to the tensile stress of the V-belt during running bending, and serves as a cushioning protection for the strong layer.
3. Strength layer, strong layer is the skeleton of V belt. The main types are polyester rope, polyester tempered brown silk, aramid rope and dipped cord fabric, etc., which are used to withstand the V belt during operation. The tensile stress is the main force part of the V-belt transmission process.
4. Buffer rubber, polyester tempered brown ribbon core or wire rope core with a ribbon around the strong layer, there is a layer of rubber with good adhesion strength, which is a buffer rubber, which acts as a fixing tape. The function of the core and the absorption of dynamic shear stress caused by frequent deformation of the V-belt during high-speed operation.
5. Compressing the rubber layer, the compression rubber layer is composed of a rubber material with excellent bending fatigue resistance, which bears the compressive stress generated when the V-belt runs and bends, maintains the rigidity and elasticity of the V-belt, and increases the V-belt cross section. And the friction contact surface with the pulley to improve the transmission efficiency
The rubber formulations used are different due to the different functions of the different parts.